Making Papa's Chili for Snow Week
So Kevin requested a pot of Chili Monday night, papa's recipe of course. This may or may not be great for my diet, but I went along with it, knowing it could feed us for days!!! And I probably wouldn't get a chance to leave the house again. Reese was mommy's big helper at the grocery store, but an even bigger helper at home! She absolutely will not "pretend cook" with "pretend food". Her little chubby 2 year old hand kept sneaking my chopped onions as she added to her skillet over her own pink retro kitchen stove. I drew the line at the raw beef!!! She also took off with my favorite purple teaspoon set to add some spices to her chili for daddy.
An overzealous mom bought the 3 year old Valentine kit for her 2 year old girl. What does this mean? It means we struggled through making 4 Valentines plus 1 Reese insisted on making for HERSELF. Now she refuses to create any more Valentines. So I suppose she is only mailing out 4 Valentines. How am I going to get her to make her 6 classmates their Valentine's by next Monday??? She was certainly cute as she placed the floating letters at the top of each Valentine saying, "put it in the kye!" (put it in the sky)
Time to Play in the Snow
Daddy came home early on Friday surviving driving in the 6 inches of snow on top of ice. He comes in the door throwing snowballs at Reese and mommy. He invites us to come and play in the snow. Reese says, "no- it's too dirty". She was very emphatic. Then, as daddy tromped through the entryway, snow falling off his hiking pants that he wore over his work slacks, Reese yelled a louder "NO!" As he tossed a mini snowball at her, Reese says, "KEVIN, you need to clean this mess up!" with her little pointer in action. Daddy was really in trouble if Reese is calling him Kevin. Ha!
Where is Baby's Valentine?
On day 3 of being snowed in, mommy had a delayed light-bulb flash and realized, what a perfect week to potty train - and I have squandered that time. So I spent Thursday morning taking Reese to the potty every 15 minutes. Each trip, we read Karen Katz's "Where is Baby's Valentine" in between reading her Abby potty book. Everytime we passed the page with the pink heart cookies, Reese would give me a slow shy smile and whisper, "I want a pink heart cookie and some choc-a yet." By noon, I soon realized that I hadn't necessarily squandered precious potty training time as Reese was clearly not ready yet. And we could certainly redeem the morning time spent with crying over potty time and hello kitty big girl pants by of course...making something yummy and pink and very Valentine-ish. So Reesie put her cooking skills to the test and made a batch of perfect vanilla pink frosted cupcakes. It was also in celebration of 2 and a half. Kevin and my own special holiday we made up at our 2 1/2 anniversary. We realized we could celebrate February 4th instead of Valentines day as it is our half anniversary. So at 9 1/2 years we still call it our 2 1/2. Thanks Reese and Kevin for the memories and for two-stepping in the kitchen with mommy. XOXOXO
Where is Baby's Valentine?
On day 3 of being snowed in, mommy had a delayed light-bulb flash and realized, what a perfect week to potty train - and I have squandered that time. So I spent Thursday morning taking Reese to the potty every 15 minutes. Each trip, we read Karen Katz's "Where is Baby's Valentine" in between reading her Abby potty book. Everytime we passed the page with the pink heart cookies, Reese would give me a slow shy smile and whisper, "I want a pink heart cookie and some choc-a yet." By noon, I soon realized that I hadn't necessarily squandered precious potty training time as Reese was clearly not ready yet. And we could certainly redeem the morning time spent with crying over potty time and hello kitty big girl pants by of course...making something yummy and pink and very Valentine-ish. So Reesie put her cooking skills to the test and made a batch of perfect vanilla pink frosted cupcakes. It was also in celebration of 2 and a half. Kevin and my own special holiday we made up at our 2 1/2 anniversary. We realized we could celebrate February 4th instead of Valentines day as it is our half anniversary. So at 9 1/2 years we still call it our 2 1/2. Thanks Reese and Kevin for the memories and for two-stepping in the kitchen with mommy. XOXOXO




I just love your posts about Reese! xoxo
ReplyDeleteDitto! Adorable story...she's just like aunt Taz wanting a pink heart cookie and chocolate! But sounds like she's more like G-mommy decorating your house! Love it! Thanks for sharing this!
ReplyDeleteI love your Blog!
ReplyDelete